|The Girton Community Web Site|
The Girton Parish Council
1. Weaver's field. The Open Spaces now belong to the Parish Council. The Council will take over maintenance of the areas from early November.
2. Recycling Refunds. For the year March '00 to March '01, income generated from the recycling banks on the Recreation Ground was £985 and from the green boxes was £456. Many thanks for your recycling efforts and please keep up the good work.
3. Appointment of Parish Councillor.
4. Community Beat Officer for Girton. The Chairman was pleased to welcome PC Tim Wade to the meeting. PC Wade's other beat villages are Histon and Impington. He aims to attend Parish Council meetings quarterly and stressed the importance of reporting all crimes, however small to the Crime Management Unit at Parkside. PC Wade can be contacted via Histon Police Station.
5. Recreation Ground. It was anticipated that the items for the street course area would be installed within a few weeks.
6. Message from the Bookings Administrator. "The tennis courts are available for public use every day from 12 o'clock until 10 o'clock (except for Club block bookings and match fixtures). The fee is £4 per hour. The Assembly Room has many clubs using it now, including Junior and Senior Judo clubs, Cambridge Amateur Boxing Club, Line Dancing, Keep Fit for the Over 60's, Art through Play for toddlers and Tang Soo Do. It is also being used for children's parties and general meetings. For further information regarding bookings please phone Linda Miller at the Pavilion on 472181 (mornings only please). Thank You."
Clerk to the Council