Minutes of Parish Meetings
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting - May 2003
1. Parish Council Chairman. Andrew Meek had previously indicated his desire to step down from his temporary position as Chairman of the Parish Council. It was unanimously agreed that Richard de Horsey would take over as Chairman. Mrs H Wilson agreed to stay on as one of the Vice-Chairmen, with Andrew Meek taking over Richard de Horsey's role as the second Vice-Chairman.
2. Elections. Elections took place on members of the various sub-committees of the Council. Further details can be obtained from the Clerk.
3. A14 CHUMMs Upgrade. County Councillor John Reynolds reported that he was in close contact with the Highways Agency regarding issues to be addressed before the consultation papers on this work were produced. Areas already identified include means of noise reduction, pollution issues, control of noise and dust during construction and a ban on works traffic using local village road. If there are any other suggestions to be put forward, would you please contact the Clerk.
4. Abandoned Vehicles. Please report sightings of abandoned vehicles to the Environmental Health Department at S.C.D.C on 443146, as it is the responsibility of this department to remove them.
5. Local Police Officer. The Parish Council has been informed that PC Richard Baker has replaced PC Tim Wade as Girton's Community Beat Manager. PC Baker has local knowledge of the area and has been working on the Histon Sector for approximately one year.
6. Annual Parish Meeting. Many thanks to those residents who came to the Annual Parish Meeting held on 14th May. The Council is already considering suggestions for next year's meeting, which would improve its usefulness. This includes informing the public on the actual roles of the Parish, District and County Councils and revising the seating arrangements in order to allow speakers to be more easily heard.
7. Open Spaces. Arrangements have been made to re-paint the inside of the bus shelter by the Church as it has attracted yet more graffiti. Work will begin soon to those public benches throughout the village requiring refurbishment. However, it was agreed that the bench in Pump Garden needed replacing as it has come to the end of its useful life. If anyone would like to donate a bench to replace it, would they please contact the Clerk? Thank You.
8. Spare Tables. Unused wooden tables are being stored locally but can no longer remain so. If anyone is interested in having one or more of these tables, could they please contact the Clerk? Thank You.
9. Forthcoming Meetings. The next Planning meeting will take place on Wednesday 11th June at 8pm at St Vincent's Close Community Centre. The next Parish Council meeting will take place on Wednesday 18th June at 7.45pm at Orchard Close Community Centre.