Minutes of Parish Meetings
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting - November 2005
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. Refuse collection. In the interests of all residents who live in narrow roads please avoid parking cars in such a way that large vehicles are unable to drive round them and wherever possible park off the road. Recently a refuse collection was missed in the village because the refuse truck was unable to pass the parked cars.
2. Play equipment. Following a recent safety report the Parish Council is investigating a new roundabout, modifications to the see-saw and new safety re-surfacing. The Recreation Ground committee have proposed installing a dual-use roundabout that can take a wheelchair.
3. New appointment. The Parish Council would like to welcome Douglas de Lacey on to the Council and looks forward to working with him.
4. Annual return. Moore Stephens chartered accountants have completed their audit tests for the annual return for the year ended 31 March 2005. Notices are displayed on the notice boards advertising the closure of the audit.
5. Litter on 10 Acre field. Please would users of this field please remember to take litter home with them as litter left causes a problem to the contractor mowing the field and to the footballers.
6. Dog litter bins. The Council intends to purchase more dog litter bins in the next few months and would once again remind dog owners to please make use of them. If anyone has a suggestion as to where further dog litter bins are required please contact the Clerk.
7. Temporary closure of Parish Council office. The office will be closed for refurbishment on Monday 12 December.
8. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 14 December in Orchard Close Community Centre and Wednesday 4 January in St Vincent's Close Community Centre. Both meetings will begin at 7.30pm.