Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes of the Parish Council Meeting - January 2006
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. Local Development Framework (LDF) public consultation. The LDF is the new term for the set of formal planning policy documents that will replace existing Local Plans. The LDF sets out a vision for the future of the area and will guide the way development takes place in the period up to 2016 and beyond. The Submission LDF documents for South Cambridgeshire were submitted to the Secretary of State on 6th January 2006 which marked the start of a six-week period of public consultation, ending 17th February. The LDF documents and guidance papers are available for viewing at the Parish Office. Please contact the Clerk should you wish to view them.
2. Proposed Conservation Area. The Parish Council have voted on supporting this proposal and intend to present it to the village at the Annual Parish Meeting on 25th April in the Glebe School hall. For further details of the Meeting please see the advert in the GPN.
3. Footway Lighting. Due to cutbacks at South Cambridgeshire District Council, SCDC have informed the Parish Council that they will cease funding the maintenance and power costs of footway lighting administered by them with effect from April 2006. They have indicated that Parish Councils will need to enter into individual maintenance agreements with Cambridgeshire County Council whereby the footway lights would be included in their own streetlight maintenance contract, but would be funded by the Parish Council. The Parish Council have written to SCDC and the County Council expressing their concern over this issue and making it clear that the Parish Council should not be expected to pick up this responsibility and recurrent expenditure.
4. Play equipment and trim-track at the Recreation Ground. The Parish Council have agreed to purchase a new roundabout and 2 spring rockers to add to the play equipment at the Recreation Ground. Some of the existing equipment has also been repainted and repaired by Wicksteed Leisure. The Council have also approved the purchase of a trim-track to be located on the 10-Acre Field.
5. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 15th February and Wednesday 15th March at Orchard Close Community Centre. Both meetings will begin at 7.30pm.