Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes of the Parish Council Meeting - February 2006
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. Litter picking. Three volunteers have kindly offered to regularly pick up litter around the village. If you would like to volunteer your time to help them please contact the Clerk.
2. Parking at school drop-off times. The Clerk has written to Girton Glebe Primary School to request that the school ask parents not to park on the pavements during school drop off and collection times but that they park in the car park or at a safe spot on the road.
3. Play equipment. Fenland Leisure have completed works to the Recreation Ground play equipment, including new surfacing, a replacement roundabout and the addition of two spring rockers. The trim-track has also been completed on the Ten Acre Field.
4. Community Access Point. The CAP installed at St Vincent's Close Community Centre is to be managed by a group of volunteers. The aim is to provide PC and website training for complete beginners and beginners during weekday afternoons and evenings. The team is in the process of designing an on-line booking form. Please contact the Clerk if you would like to book up for some training.
5. Distraction burglaries. The Parish Council has been informed by the Police that a number of distraction burglaries have taken place throughout East and South Cambridgeshire and that it is possible that more than one team is operating in the area. Whilst there have been no reported burglaries of this type in Girton please help elderly residents/neighbours to install basic safety measures such as a chain on the front door and to remain vigilant.
6. Cottontails Pre-School. Due to the temporary closure of the Cotton Hall, Cottontails Pre-School will need to relocate. At the Parish Council meeting the Council agreed to offer Cottontails the site in front of the Pavilion for a Portakabin, subject to them presenting the Council with detailed plans.
7. Dog Fouling in Girton. This issue was on the agenda of the February meeting due to the persistent problem of dog fouling in the village and the increased number of complaints to the Parish Office. The Council was in full agreement that the issue should be highlighted in the GPN.
8. Freedom of Information Act 2000. The information regarding this Act is held at the Parish Office and may be consulted on application to the Clerk.
9. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 8th March and Wednesday 29th March at Orchard Close Community Centre. Both meetings will begin at 7.30pm.