Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes of the Parish Council Meeting - May 2006
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. Alterations to road junction at Girton Corner. Alterations to this junction have been halted because the Parish Council were unhappy with some of the safety aspects and concerned that the plans do nothing to alleviate traffic flow. The Council have now formally objected to the proposed plans.
2. New Parish Council. In addition to several new members of the Parish Council who stood for election this year the Council has also co-opted John Mayfield and Yvonne Pinchen on to the Council.
3. Skateboard park and half pipe. The skateboard park and half pipe have been removed for health and safety reasons. Following consultation with teenagers in the village the Council will replace them with alternative equipment or facilities suitable for teenagers.
4. Trim track signs. The signage for the trim track is now in place. Each apparatus is individually signed with instructions.
5. Motorised wheel-chairs/buggies. Please would drivers of these vehicles drive at a safe speed when driving on the pavement. Anyone using an electric wheelchair or scooter are required to give way to pedestrians.
6. Multi Use Games Area. The MUGA has been fully refurbished. The Recreation Ground committee have decided, in order to protect the surface, that this facility will be locked when not in use by booked users. Please contact the Bookings administrator for information about available slots.
7. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Wednesday 7 June and Wednesday 28 June at Orchard Close Community Centre. Both meetings will begin at 7.30pm.