Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - June 2006
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. Bonfires and barbeques. The Parish Council would like to remind parishioners that it should not be necessary to burn any waste given the provision of green wheeled bins. If you do light a fire or barbeque please consider your neighbours.
2. Parking on verges. If parking on the road please would all car owners avoid mounting the kerb which cuts up the verge and means that the County Council contractors are unable to cut the grass if a car is parked on the verge.
3. Door to door salesmen. The police have advised the Council that door to door salesmen have been operating in Girton recently with some incidences of aggressive selling technique. The advice from the police is never to buy at the door. 'We don't buy' stickers can be provided by the police or from Neighbourhood Watch coordinators.
4. Roundabout at Wellbrook Way. There has been a noticeable increase in traffic for Wellbrook Way. Please be aware of traffic entering and leaving in this direction.
5. High hedges and obstructive trees. As the summer progresses please be aware of the effect of high or wide hedges and trees on your neighbours.
6. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 19 July and Wednesday 9 August at Orchard Close Community Centre. Both meetings will begin at 7.30pm.