Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - July 2006
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. Donation to Cotton Hall. The Parish Council have agreed to contribute £10,000 to the Cotton Hall Foundation for its refurbishment project.
2. Co-option of Parish Councillor. Having advertised the vacancy on the Parish Council for the required period the Council will now proceed to fill the vacancy by means of co-option.
3. Roller for the Recreation Ground/Cricket Club. A powered roller for use on the cricket square has been purchased with a donation from the Town Charity. The Parish Council would like to thank the Town Charity for this generous donation.
4. Chartered Standard for Girton Colts. The Girton Colts Football Club were awarded the Chartered Standard award at their presentation ceremony in July. The Parish Council would like to congratulate the Club's secretary who was instrumental in being given this award.
5. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 9 August, Wednesday 30 August and Wednesday 20 September at Orchard Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm.