Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - August 2006
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. Girton Youth Works. The gardening scheme has been operating within the village but is in danger of failing due to lack of volunteer supervisors. Councillor Meek asked the Council if they knew of anyone who might be interested in this job and if so to contact him.
2. Girton Village Website. The village website now contains the agendas and minutes of Parish Council meetings. You can visit the site at http://www.girton-cambs.org.uk/council.html to receive this information.
3. Recycling old household batteries. A household battery bank is located at Milton Recycling Centre on Butt Lane. Sustainable Girton are hoping to provide a bank in the village in the future.
4. Phase 2 at Wellbrook Way. The Parish Council have received the plans for next phase of development and for the LEAP (locally equipped area of play). Both plans were refused because the Council is concerned that both the public space and the play area should be dealt with together and in a way sympathetic to the proposed use. The Council were also concerned about the quality of the build of the proposed dwellings. The detailed comments of the Council may be seen with the rest of the minutes of the Council meeting at http://www.girton-cambs.org.uk/council.html.
5. Recycling facilities on the Recreation Ground Car Park. All the recycling banks, with the exception of the plastics containers, are emptied when they are full. If you notice that the glass, can or newspaper banks are nearly full please inform the Clerk who will arrange for the banks to be emptied before they start to overflow.
6. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Wednesday 20 September at Orchard Close Community Centre. The meeting will begin at 7.30pm.