Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - October 2006
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. Orchard Close Community Centre. The Parish Council would like to congratulate Orchard Close for winning the Best Kept Gardens in Sheltered Accommodation award.
2. Parking at top of Thornton Road. Concern was raised again about the numbers of cars parked at the top of Thornton Road. The Clerk has written to Girton College to ask them to investigate whether any of the cars belong to College students and the police have been informed.
3. Girton Corner. The Council have approved the launch of the petition for safety modifications at Girton Corner and have submitted their own request that these modifications be put in hand.
4. Community Land Development. Two members of the Parish Council met with SCDC Planning Development Team and a team from George Wimpey to discuss the development of this land. They were encouraged by the developers' attitude to the site and the Wellbrook Development Committee will be meeting soon to discuss the design and layout of the play area and the community land as a single area.
5. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 15 November and 20 December at Orchard Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm.