Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - November 2006
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. Sheltered accommodation. The Parish Council was disturbed to learn of the proposed reorganisation of the warden service. The Council will be discussing it further at its December meeting.
2. Pooper-scooper poster competition. Paul Eady has kindly offered to sponsor a drawing competition for a poster to highlight the increasing problem of dog fouling in the village. The competition is open to Girton children under the age of 16 years. Please see details included in this issue.
3. Girton Corner. The petition raised far more than the 50 signatures necessary to enable the Parish Council to put its case to the Area Joint Committee at its November meeting. At the time of writing we await the outcome.
4. Northwest Cambridge Area Action Plan Issues and Options consultation. The Parish Council has submitted its response to the consultation. The final statement reads as follows: We believe that the integrity of Girton Village is already fragile, with the A14 bridge a constant threat to its unity. We beg the planners to be aware of the danger of the destruction of our community if a third sector of the Village, with its main focus to the south, is developed.
5. Phase II Wellbrook Way. Revised plans have been received at the Parish office for this next phase. They will be discussed at an extraordinary meeting of the Parish Council.
6. Community Land Development at Wellbrook Way. Revised plans of the layout for the community land and play area have been received from our architect. The plans have been forwarded to both Wimpey and SCDC Planning teams. The Parish Council await a response.
7. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 20 December and 17 January at Orchard Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm.