Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - March 2007
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. Annual Parish Meeting. This year's Annual Parish Meeting will be held on 25 April in the Glebe School Hall. This is your chance to hear reports on the last twelve months from the Parish Council, Girton Town Charity and County and District Councillors. The evening will also include an opportunity to discuss the street lighting which the District Council have refused to fund. The Parish Meeting is intended to be an inclusive event for the village. As last year village clubs and societies are invited to take part in a "societies fair" from 7pm to 8pm when the formal part of the evening will begin. For newcomers to the village - or even those not so new - this will be the perfect opportunity to see what this community has to offer. If your group is interested in attending and booking a table please contact the Parish Clerk.
2. Parish Council Noticeboards. Two new noticeboards have been ordered, one each to replace the noticeboards at Thornton Road and the Post Office.
3. Youth Play Area. The Council approved the purchase of multi-sport goal ends to be located between the tennis courts and MUGA at the Recreation Ground. The equipment will be installed by the end of April. The remaining play street furniture will be removed prior to the installation.
4. Cleaning at the Pavilion. The Council approved the recommendation from the Recreation Ground Committee to use contract cleaners in order to improve standards at the Pavilion. The new contractor will start at the end of March.
5. Tennis court floodlights. The Council agreed to commit up to £2000 to upgrade the tennis court floodlights, in conjunction with a generous donation from the Town Charity and funds raised by the Tennis Club.
6. Lighting in the Pavilion Hall. New lighting has been installed in the Pavilion hall.
7. Bulb planting. 2000 bulbs have been purchased and are in the process of being planted around the village.
8. Girton Corner. The new cycle exit has failed its safety audit and the developers have been asked to come up with improvements. Part of the railing on the north side of the junction has been removed as part of the South Cambridgeshire District Council's response to our petition.
9. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Wednesday 18 April and Wednesday 16 May 2007 at Orchard Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm