Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - October 2007
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk.
1. North-West Cambridge Area Action Plan - Preferred Options Consultation. This exhibition will be held in the Pavilion Hall on 30 October from 2.30pm until 8.30pm. It will outline the main proposals contained within the draft Area Action Plan and provide an opportunity to discuss them with Council representatives. See the separate article for further information.
2. Litter bins at Recreation Ground. The Parish Council are aware of the problem of overflowing litter bins at the Recreation Ground but are unable to request more frequent collections from SCDC who are currently in consultation over the provision of dog and litter bins in south Cambridgeshire. We expect to receive notification of the outcome of the consultation during October. In the meantime we would ask that people make use of the recycling facilities for plastic bottles and drinks cans, and take rubbish home if the bins are full.
3. TetraPak Recycling Facility. We have been overwhelmed with the success of this facility however the collection contractors have been unable to cope with the demand. They will provide a second bin as an interim measure until a larger container can be provided. Meanwhile could we request that you crush the containers before putting them in the bin, and if the bin is already full please take them home rather than leaving a mess around the bin.
4. Overgrown hedges. We are still concerned at the number of overgrown hedges and trees which are invading footpaths. It is your legal responsibility to keep your hedges cut back to your boundary and you would be liable for any injury caused to passers-by. If we receive complaints we may need to request the County Council to write to you which may result in your hedges being cut back at your own expense.
5. Litter picker. The Parish Council is looking for a litter picker for the Recreation Ground and car park following the resignation of Scott Morley. Please contact Linda Miller at the Parish Council office on 01223 472181 for further details. We would like to thank Scott for his litter picking work over the last few years.
6. Noticeboard at Co-Op. A new Parish Council noticeboard is to be erected at the front of the Co-Op.
7. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 17 October at Orchard Close Community Centre (note the change of venue) and Wednesday 21 November at St Vincent's Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm.