Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - December 2007
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk. The full minutes may be found here.
1. Transport Infrastructure Fund. The County has released details of the TIF roadshows at http://tinyurl.com/396aaj. The TIF includes plans for road-pricing and investment in public transport. We encourage residents of the village to attend if possible and to make your views known.
2. Girton Feast Week. A Committee has now been set up to oversee The Feast Week. It will need a great deal of help in running the various events. If you would like to be involved in any way please contact Leon Reed at the Post Office or email email@example.com.
3. Village Plan. We hope to develop a long term plan for the future of Girton. This is intended to be developed by members of the village, not specifically by the Parish Council. It will produce a plan for the development of the village community for the guidance of bodies such as SCDC. There will be an open meeting in mid January which we hope will be well attended.
4. Fly-tipping Prosecution. SCDC recently successfully prosecuted the owner of material which was fly-tipped in Washpit Lane. Their policy is always to prosecute if at all possible.
5. New function room and conservatory at Felix Hotel. Plans for this proposal are available in the Parish office at the Pavilion, Recreation Ground.
6. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 19 December and Wednesday 16 January at St Vincentís Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm.