Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - January 2008
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk. The full minutes may be found here.
1. Event on the proposed Congestion Charge. The County Council have agreed to host an extra exhibition on the proposed Transport Infrastructure Fund bid which will include some form of road pricing. This will be held in The Pavilion on the Recreation Ground on 12 February 3-7pm. A representative from the Council will also speak to the following Parish Council meeting on 20 February and as always members of the public are welcome to attend.
2. NIAB planning application. The detailed response of the Council can be found in the November Minutes on the village website. The Council raised several points of concern including the lack of separation between the City and Girton village.
3. North West Cambridge Consultation. The Parish Council responded to many of the issues raised in the proposed Area Action Plan. Full details are in the November Minutes and can be seen on the Village website.
4. Minor Highways Improvement Scheme. The Parish Council has submitted a number of proposals pertaining to Girton Corner which we hope will be undertaken as part of this scheme. They follow broadly the measures of the petition submitted a year ago.
5. New Recreation Centre Booking Form. The Council has a new form for booking Parish Council facilities. It is more detailed and makes clear exactly which facilities are being booked and the conditions of hire. Please contact Linda Miller if you want to use any of our facilities.
6. Parish Council Minutes and Agendas. Agendas for Parish Council meetings are posted up on noticeboards at the Post Office, entrance to the Recreation Ground and Thornton Road. The most recent Minutes of the monthly Parish Council meeting are available to read in the Church porch. Minutes and Agendas for all Parish Council meetings are available on the village website http://www.girton-cambs.org.uk/council.html.
7. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on and Wednesday 16 January and Wednesday 20 February at St Vincent's Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm.