Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - March 2008
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk. The full minutes may be found here.
1. Northstowe Planning Application. The full Planning Application has now been received and copies of the main documents may be viewed in the Parish Council office. There is also a 3 CD set which can be borrowed by arrangement with the Clerk. The Consultation period runs until 31 March and the Parish Council would still be grateful to receive copies of any representations you wish to make.
2. Diseased Horse-Chestnut trees on Recreation Ground. We are expecting that three of the horse-chestnuts will be felled on 3 March, weather permitting, and others will have to have branches removed.
3. Pedestrian crossing for Guided Bus at Gatehouse Road. The Guided Bus Consortium proposed to SCDC that the crossing on Gatehouse Road for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders should not have any traffic controls (the road crossing for cars will be controlled by traffic lights). Cllr de Lacey spoke to the SCDC Planning Committee on 6 February urging them to reject this application on the grounds of safety for our school children using this crossing on the way to IVC. However the application was approved by 8 votes to 3. The Council would be interested in your views on this as we are considering taking the matter further.
4. Village Plan. The Parish Plan steering committee has had two meetings and is moving towards the detailed work of discovering the needs and aspirations of our community. At the second meeting on 14 February two more interested people were co-opted onto the committee, but more volunteers will be needed, some for the steering committee itself and many more for the sub-committees which will be looking at specific areas and for going into the community to ask for opinions. The committee is trying to get a comprehensive list of "stakeholders" in Girton, and if you are part of an organisation, a business, or any other group which we might consult then please do contact us.
The main areas we currently feel will need special attention are Identity; Environment; Education; Traffic & transport; Facilities; Safety; Planning; Social life; and the Questionnaire we should use. If you could offer expertise or enthusiasm in any of these areas or would like to be involved we would love to hear from you. Please contact either the Parish Chairman email@example.com or Parish Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be involved in any way.
5. New noticeboard for football teams. A noticeboard located at the Pavilion has been erected for use by all football teams in the village. If you have any club news you wish to advertise please contact Linda Miller.
6. Citi 6 bus service. Stagecoach are currently monitoring the Citi 6 bus service through Girton. If you are inconvenienced by any bus not running to schedule please contact Alan Woods, Operations Manager, Stagecoach, 100 Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0DN and please copy the Parish Council in on your correspondence.
7. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 19 March and Wednesday 16 April at St Vincent's Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm.