Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - July 2008
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk. The full minutes may be found here.
1. No August Meeting. Please note that the Parish Council will not meet in August.
2. Vacancy for Parish Clerk. The Parish Council are looking for a new Parish Clerk following the resignation of Helen Bracey. If you are interested in finding out more about this position please contact the Clerk on 01223 472181.
3. New tables at the Pavilion. The Sport and Recreation Committee are replacing the tables at the Pavilion. The old tables are available for a small donation. Please contact Linda Miller on 01223 472182.
4. New flooring at the Pavilion. Non-slip Latex flooring is to be laid in the main corridor and the changing room corridor of the Pavilion.
5. Town End Close. The Parish Council has negotiated with the University Farm to have the hay removed from Town End Close and be grazed in a way that will preserve its nature as a meadow. Before it can be grazed we need to install a water source which will be done shortly. We are assured that only very docile cattle will be allowed to graze!
6. Blocked drains. At the monthly meeting there was a report of blocked drains in the village which we have passed on to Highways. If you are concerned that a drain near you is blocked please inform the Clerk.
7. Wellbrook Way. The Parish Plan has agreed an outline plan for the play area and bowling green Wimpey will now produce detailed plans for the play area which we hope will go quickly through the planning process now that Phase 2 is nearing completion. Wimpey expect to leave the site in November.
8. Forthcoming meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 17 September and Wednesday 15 October at St Vincent's Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm.