Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - November 2008
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk. The full minutes may be found here.
1. The Parish Clerk & Principal Finance Officer. The Parish Council has welcomed Robert Stone as Parish Clerk, and his wife Natalie as Principal Finance Officer. They are already in post and working hard, and both can be contacted at email@example.com. As a result of these changes for a trial period the Parish Office hours will be 9.30am to 12.30pm, Monday to Friday, but please be patient if the office is not opened on the dot of 9.30am.
2. Huntingdon Road Speed Limit. After two years of campaigning the Parish Council has been informed that the speed limit on Huntingdon Road is to be reduced to 30mph probably with effect from January 2009.
3. Plastics Recycling. Residents will now be used to putting plastic bottles out for kerbside collection. One unfortunate result of the new scheme is that we shall lose the plastics recycling cages on the Recreation Ground car park. Please will all users of the Recreation Ground, and the Pavilion, take all their plastic bottles home for recycling.
4. Drain Clearance in Girton. As some of you may have noticed our drains are being given some special attention. The County Council is carrying out a comprehensive programme of drain clearance in the northern half of the village, the first time this has ever been undertaken. We believe that as well as this all blocked drains to the south of the A14 have also been cleared.
5. Stage Coach Service No. 15. The Parish Council has received a letter from Stagecoach stating that they are reviewing the changes made to Service 15, and customer feedback.
6. District Councillor's Report. Should there be insufficient room in the Girton Parish News for the text of the report presented by Cllr de Lacey to Parish Council meetings a copy may be read in the Parish Office.
Forthcoming Meetings. The next Parish Council meetings will be held on Wednesday 19 November, and Wednesday 17 December at St Vincent's Close Community Centre. The meetings will begin at 7.30pm.