Notes of Parish Meetings
Notes from the Parish Council Meeting - September 2009
The following were amongst items discussed at Parish Council meetings and information received by the Clerk. The full minutes may be found here.
1. Gypsy and Traveller site options. The Parish Council has agreed to set up a working party to respond to SCDC's consultation. We would value your views which can be sent to the Chairman or the Clerk.
2. Recycling. SCDC is reviewing its policy of kerbside collections and recycling centres. It is possible that this may affect the future of the centre at the recreation ground. It would be helpful for us to know the views of members of the village on whether the site centre should stay, and if so what materials you would like to see collected.
We apologise for recent problems with overflowing containers. SCDC officers have been assisting the parish office to resolve these issues with the contractors.
3. Play area on recreation ground. The infants swings which was broken some weeks ago should by now have been replaced. Repairs have been commissioned to other pieces of play equipment. It is very helpful when parents report problems as they occur.
4. Town End Close. By the time you read this cows should be grazing in Town End Close. This is to maintain the meadow nature of our reserve. This is a good time of year to explore Town End Close which can be found opposite the car park (across the little bridge) at the bottom of St Vincents Close.
5. Traffic in Girton. The County Council will be consulting on two proposals: one to make Girton north of the Huntingdon Road a 20mph zone; and the other to widen the Huntingdon Road cycle lanes slightly and remove their mandatory status. Please make your views known.
6. Real Help now for over 60s. HM Treasury has produced a free booklet containing information on pensions and benefits, fuel bills, money problems, pensions, carer's allowance, keeping your home, and learning and skills. To obtain a copy telephone Emma Keegan on 0207 270 5675; or you can download a copy from the internet at: http://www.realhelpnow.gov.uk/pdf/over60s.pdf
7. Cambridgeshire Minibus Brokerage Scheme. Do you need to transport your group's members to attend meetings, activities and events? The new Cambridgeshire Minibus Brokerage Scheme (CaMBS) may be what you are looking for. CaMBS is a vehicle-sharing scheme that enables community groups, clubs and not-for-profit organisations to use accessible and affordable minibuses. CaMBS has over 50 minibuses available for hire and nearly all are wheelchair accessible. Contact Gavin Moulton, the Community Transport Officer at Cambridgeshire County Council for further details (Tel: 0345 045 1151).
Forthcoming Meeting. The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Wednesday 16th September 2009 at St Vincent's Close Community Centre. The meeting will begin at 7.30pm. Members of the parish are welcome to speak during the public session.